Friday, January 13, 2012

Creativity Dissected

In full disclosure to my audience, this post is an assignment. Fortunately, it is not at all off topic. This one's for you, Ogilvy & Mather!


Creativity is more than a unique tagline or an innovative way to use social media. Creativity is more than an inspiring commercial or an unexpected guerilla marketing campaign. Creativity is more than integrating and fusing traditional tactics with interactive media.

Sometimes it is the unconventional application of creativity that defines the word the best. For example, creativity can be found in a friendly greeting or a witty reply. Clothing and hair styles can be the platform in which someone expresses their originality. There are thousands of music genres and fusion cuisines, which are examples of different ways to express creative feelings, interests, and capabilities.

Similarly, creativity could be conveyed through the title of your Facebook photo albums or even the topic of a blog post! Everyone is creative in one way or another, but it's simply how strongly they express their originality that determines who might be deemed a creative Craftsman of Culture.


I am somewhat similar to that girl (we all know one) who always manages to sneak the irrelevant topic of her boyfriend into the conversation. I, however, always bring up my blog! I have developed the skill to shape any conversation into the perfect opportunity to segue into blog chit-chat. It does not matter if I'm talking about the weather, the score of last night's football game, or the shade of your lipstick...it all comes back to AKtually Ashley. I think it is important to express my creativity through the platform that promotes that quality the best...and in the most tech-savvy, social media Queen-kinda way.

My goal, of course, was to link you to my blog. It is a pool of my thoughts, opinions, and inspirations. It's a creative way for me to actively consider, review, and highlight a broad range of meaningful endeavors from other marketing professionals that I come across. It provides a venue in which I can step out of my college student sneakers, and into my marketing stilettos. Though it is only 3 months old, it has quite the personality...some may say 21 years worth.

A video that provides a fantastic summary of creative tools is the 2011 Tomorrowland After Movie. Here's a snippit of it...and if you find yourself wanting more, check out my blog post:
Wonderland? Neverland? TOMORROWLAND.
Music. Light show. Aerial shots. Angles. Set decorations and decor.
The full 13 minute video gives me the chills!

Some of my other favorite posts include: Just The Right Amount of Wrong, Babies: The Up and Coming Target Market, and Lolita & Tequila. Marketing is my passion and while I know I will be focusing on specific clients in my future career, I'll still have AKtually Ashley as an outlet to promote and critique many others.

POGS,
AKtually Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment