Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sci-Fi, Football, & Volkswagen... AGAIN!

One of my favorite commercials of 2011 was Volkswagen's ad that first aired during the 2011 Super Bowl. The ad, featuring a powerful mini Darth Vader, is funny and adorable...and though I can't speak for men, I think it appeals to both sexes. I'm sure you've all seen the commercial on one channel or another (it runs pretty frequently)... but for my own entertainment, here it is:
This ad, called "The Force", created a lot of buzz (online and off). The video went viral. Consumers voted it as one of their favorite commercials. SO, with the help of Deutsch Los Angeles, VW is giving the Star Wars theme another go with "The Bark Side".
The dogs are cute, skilled, and the idea is funny... but I don't think this commercial will have the same impact as "The Force". I might be a bit biased because I (personally) think little kids are cuter/funnier than barking dogs... but that's not the case for everyone. The final ad doesn't run until February 5th (when the Patriots and HOPEFULLY the Giants will be duking it out on the field... GO GIANTS)... but they released the 60-second teaser during ABC's "The Middle" on January 18th.


We'll see how the Star Wars inspired canines fare in the highly-competitive Super Bowl commercial scene. Hopefully, for VW, they're just as powerful as mini Vader. If the NY Giant's don't win tonight, I plan on rooting for the Chewbacca dog during the Super Bowl.


POGS,
AKtually Ashley

1 comment: