Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Peace Out Girl Scout




On my honor, I will try:
To serve God and my country,
To help people at all times,
And to live by the Girl Scout Law.


I was a Brownie myself as a kid, but appreciate Girl Scouts as well. I am not sure what distinguishes a Brownie from a Girl Scout -- I think that Girl Scouts are the "big kids" while Brownies are around 5-7 years old. From what I remember, the same rules and activities apply.


Everyone loves Girl Scouts. Everyone loves the cookies that Girl Scouts sell. Samoas are my favorite BY FAR. It's actually quite fitting that they come in a purple box... my favorite color. "According to the Girl Scouts of the USA, Thin Mint is the favorite," at least in terms of sales.




Girl Scout cookies are SO popular that the Ice Cream manufacturer Dreyer's/Edy's (depending on what area of the country you live) teamed up with the Girl Scouts to produce limited-edition Girl Scout Cookie-flavored ice cream. I am not a huge fan of ice cream, but when it comes to Samoa-flavored Edy's, you can throw me into the pot of ice cream-obsessed fools. 


I don't mean to jump the gun. I know it's not cookie-selling season yet and I apologize for making you crave something you can't have yet... so why am I writing about Girl Scout cookies? That can easily be explained by my "sign off" phrase... POGS! If you were able to decipher this acronym on your own, you should go treat yourself to about 5 boxes of Samoas (in a few months). If not, I'll spell it out for you:
Peace Out Girl Scout

I have absolutely no idea where my Dad came up with this phrase, but he has been signing his e-mails (to my sister and me) with it for a while now. He's pretty clever and it makes me laugh every time. 

Copying is the finest form of flattery -- at least in this sense.

POGS,
AKtually Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment