Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Just The Right Amount of Wrong

Hotel advertisements and commercials are usually pretty generic. They highlight the hotel's amenities, its beautiful architecture and decor, the creatively prepared food, and its smiling employees. Most do not truly differentiate themselves from their competitors.

This is what I thought until I came across this article about the Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel. We've all seen the ridiculous, yet beautiful, myriad of Las Vegas hotels on TV, in movies, and for the lucky ones, in person. I've never been but would absolutely love to jet over there for a weekend with friends to experience the crazy city for myself. When that time comes, however, how on earth am I supposed to choose my hotel?! The Hangover's Ceasars Palace? The Bellagio from Ocean's Eleven? I'm just throwing out some memorable names. But in all seriousness, I would love to step inside the Mandalay Bay Hotel. It has 15 restaurants. That's right, 15 restaurants!!! Or see the Mirage Volcano

My opinions are entirely based upon what I have seen and read about these various hotels' decor, atmosphere, and amenities. For some reason, I am still intrigued by the Cosmopolitan Hotel. I know nothing about its services or decor... well, except for the elevator. 

I hope the elderly dancing couple is there when I visit. I think they would be fun.

The commercial is eery. It's definitely unique and grabs my attention. It provoked thought. It made me smile in disbelief and wonder. You know that smile that spreads across your face when you don't know how to respond or what to think? The feeling is almost indescribable. I think they're crazy, but I love it -- which is a success, I guess, right? I mean, I'm blogging about them, aren't I? 

If you liked the elevator commercial, check out this one too. Again, extremely different and unexpectedly influential. It makes you want to go to the hotel just to see if these things actually happen. When (if) I ever find out I'll need to keep my findings a secret -- What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas! I guess you will have to see for yourself!


I agree with them, both commercials are definitely "Just The Right Amount of Wrong."
  
POGS,
AKtually Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment